interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
hmm i have an old pC with a 1.7 celeron on a Im846GL motherboard. and this morning i was messing around with the power supply trying to fix the cables for more air flow. i unpluged the CPU fan and plugged it on another connection that is suppost to be for a fan. fan didnt work when i turned the pc on so i changed it back to the old connector. after everything was back to how it was before i turned on my pc and i got 2 beeps from motherboard, so i go into bios and i find my self with new option on the bios. like multiplier and i can now set my fan speed and other neat stuff. i didn't really bother to mess around with the new options so i got out and went ahead and started the pc. 10 min later im working on a paper and i start thinking that i should try OCing my Celeron. i restard the computer and log onto bios but the extra options aren't there anymore. i tryed doing the same thing i did with my fan connector earlier to see if i could get the options back. but nothing. now my question is..............

any idea how can i get those options back on this motherboard?

sorry if this is kinda massy really sleepy..

Thx

was the plug you tried to put it in the mobo plug labeled "CPU_FAN"?

Is it plugged in there now?

From what I'm guessing, you cleared your CMOS.

When that is done, the motherboard will default the CPU speed to a lower FSB or to the lowest possible clock frequency it supports, and usually at POST the message "Error: CPU unworkable, Please check setup" will show up, and from there, the settings can be changed to correct the CPU speed (by selecting the correct frequency and multiplier). Once that done and the motherboard verifies the information is correct, those options probably will not appear again unless you clear the CMOS (usually by setting the jumper to a different location).

The Coppermine/Tualatin PIII and P4 Celerons are multiplier locked, so unless your motherboard has an option for adjusting the FSB, then you may have some luck.

But then again, there's always CPUFSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom