Interested/Confused about integrated audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdONeil

Solid State Member
Hello. I'm a little curious about integrated audio and I'm hoping someone could help me out. Integrated audio seems to be a good idea because it cuts the cost off a total computer package by not having to buy a sound card but at the same time it doesn't seem like it should even be there. Where's all the features that sound cards have? I'm talking about stuff like EAX 2.0, SRS TruSurround XT, Zoom FX, Dolby Digital, DTS, and so on. I've read about some Intel motherboards that get all those features with SoundMax through integrated audio but is there any kind of software, hopefully free, that can give me those features? I'm going to be getting an AMD Biostar m7vit Pro motherboard which says it has 6 channel integrated audio but nothing else as far as features. It would be nice to use the integrated audio instead of having to buy a sound card then never touch the integrated audio ports again unless by accident. What do you guys think?

Separated AUdio cards are definitely better. My SB Live 5.1 dun give me funny sound when i play MP3. My current Soundmax does.

Uhh....check the reviews of nForce2 motherboards.
nForce2 motherboards with the integrated MCP-T SoundStorm audio processor have been shown to outperform the SB Audigy 2.
And they have EAX, DTS, and all that other surround sound goodness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom