Intel won! HAHA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So, five years ago was the introdution of the GHz. AMD was the one to win that race. So Intel didnt want to lose, so they will release the dual core cpu first! HAHA!!! So, Intel isn't that bad of a company now, huh?! They may be expensive, but they are first. Dell, Alienware, and some unknown companies will be releasing their computers with the dual core. So tomorrow, 4-18-05, the first Intel dual core chips will be shipped. I do believe that this will not only be the first dual core Intel chips, but the first dual core chips altogether. http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050415_194829.html

Well wait until both companies have released a dual core chip, compare the benchmarks, and then decide which is the better company. As well which one is less expensive and a better value.

It may end up being AMD, but who knows, Intel may have made one core better for games and shit like AMD and then kept the good old shit :p

umm did you guys read the part where it'll cost buyers 1 grand per chip?? i think thats way out of reach for many pc builders... =[

First company to release a product, doesnt always mean they ahve the best one. Since it is the first round of dual core processors it might be better to wait until they have been prefected.

It only matters when a rival company beats out the other in a 'Best CPU category' at an Intel sponsored event :p

Them releasing it first doesn't mean squat........more times than none all that means is they rushed it and benchmarks will show how good things are rewarded to those with patience ;)

This just seems like a desperate attempt by Intel to gain some sort of edge by rushing out of the gate a few seconds before AMD.

As I've said, this Pentium comes out tomorow, April 18. AMD is releasing a number of Opteron dualies on April 21. Three days is not a lot of time by any means. Also, if you wanted to get really technical, AMD will follow up with their desktop dualies in June. Intel will not have their Xeon dualies until 2006.

But either way, it's not about who's first, it all comes down to performance. I would rather wait a month for a better processor than have some absolute garbage, slapped together at the last second, chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom