Intel question: 915G vs 915P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey guys. Anyone know the difference between these 2 chipsets on the Intel motherboards?. The only thing I know is that the mobos with 915G has a crappy video card on it. Other than this, what else is there?

What I am essentially asking is, why oh why would anyone buy a mobo with a 915p, when they can get a 915g when it comes with a free video card - (even if its a crappy one) - for the same price!. Always good to have a backup one in case ur primary gaming card breaks down.

The only difference is as you say;) Usually the G is directed towards business computers, while the P is for budget minded consumers:) If your looking towards a G for its integrated graphics, then maybe you should looks towards an ATi chipset which have MUCH better integrated grphics compared to the 915G;)

No no. I am not looking for integrated graphics. I do want to buy a good video card. But, I figured that having an extra "crappy hard" on the system couldn't hurt. Incase, my good card breaks down one day, I atleast can use the system while I am getting the good one replaced.

My question is essentially is there something BAD about using the 915G. i.e. does it create some unwanted bottlenecks with the graphics etc. etc. compared to the 915P..

After all the 915P seems to be the more popular choice for whatever reason. If 915G has everything the P version has AND crappy graphics card, why won't ppl just go for the G version?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom