Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I am building a PC. I have run into one problem.

I have connected everything to the motherboard. When I go to power up to install windows, I run into one problem.

There are two power cables for the motherboard. One is your standard P1 cable (long white cable), and the smaller 12V P1 cable (looks identical but is much smaller).

When I power up the PC, WITH the smaller power cable connected, the power shuts off five seconds after (the computer does not boot), but I do have power to the CD Rom drives.

When I power up the PC, WITHOUT the smaller power cable connected, the power stays on, but I have no power to the CD Rom drives.

PLEASE help me out!!! Thanx

Intel motherboards do NOT suck. They are the most reliable motherboards on the market. How could they make bad chipsets, yet bad motherboards??? Their motherboards are specifically designed for their processors. Go to any computer EStore, and you will not only see the Intel motherboards get sold out alot more often than any other brand, but you will also see that they get the very best reviews by both technicians and customers (newegg.com for instance). Intel is a whole lot better than ASUS, MSI, and Soyo.

I am guessing that you are one of the many people who hate large companies. On top of going against Intel, you must also say that Linux/Unix is much better than Microsoft (which is complete BS for general computer use).

Anyways... does any one have any idea what is wrong with my computer? All responses are greatly appreciated. :D :D

I think he says they suck because I believe you cant really overclock on them.. Meaning you have like no control or power over your computer. That's what I have expierenced with my Intel mobo (two years old o.o) and what Ive read in all my magazines o.o

didi said:
Intel chipset is good but intel mobo sucks~~~~~~~

If you have a problem with their overclocking, go on ahead and say so, but don't go off and say that they suck all together.

To help you out by giving my specs:

350 Watt Power supply to support:

3.0 GHz P4 w/ Hyper Threading
ATI 9800 Pro video card
7.1 Creative Sound Blaster
DVD+/-RW drive
DVD Rom Drive
160 GB SATA Hard Drive
1 Gig DDR Ram
4 fans

Status
Not open for further replies.