I have a P4 processor with HT...
I have done alot of research,
and I understand the concepts, but I am still left with a few questions:
* Is there even that big of a difference in the first place?
* Are the effects going to be immediatly seen or not until more and more software and hardware support multi threading?
* Is the difference in performance only seen in large tasks (like Far Cry, Doom 3, sound editting, video editting, etc) or is it seen with small tasks as well (internet and email use)?
* Is it big enough news that AMD will follow suit (maybe they have already)?
* are the two "virtual" processors running at 3.0 GHz (+/- .4 depending on the type of P4 processor) or are they each half of the speed of the overall processor?
* Intel states that this increases the amount of processes that can be done at once. Wouldn't you need to build up your RAM first?
I know that there are alot of questions, and I'm not expecting some one to answer all of them (if you did though, that would be amazing
Please, do not post any speculation, only facts... Thanks