Intel Gains an Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, look at the benchmarks, the 770 @ 2.13ghz on the 865 chipset. please tell me how that rates against the fx-55..?

Sure you can overclock the FX-55, but it gets pretty hot. Pentium mobile will keep cool and as you can see it uses way less voltage. But just the fact that it is so much cheaper would make it a good buy even if you didn't overclock.
The mobile is kinda on par with the AMD's frequencies. I would like to see intel step down their frequency and focus on better processors like these mobiles. I don't know but it seems like a step in the right direction. This prescott is just too darn hot. :(

agreed dale, you know the sad part is that the asus fan/heatsink thats included w/ the ct-479 adaptor gets to 50C when the cpu is at 2.7ghz.

think of what you could do with a REAL HSF :D

why dont YOU read the damned article, and look at the benchmarks. thx plz come again, (if u read it ud realize that the 2.7ghz o/ced pentium-m beats the bejesus out of the $1000 fx-55 amd chip, and the tests it does lose, it loses by a very very small amount)
Thx come again? You gotta be in 8th grade.

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2389&p=1

That's the article gaara linked and the one I was talking about the whole damn time, it shows an AMD64 3500+ genius not a freakin FX-55....so get your head out of your ass and freakin LOOK AT THE IMAGES next time before you go and make a complete fool of yourself.

Not only that, but the 3500+ beat out that pentium M in EVERY SINGLE GAMING BENCHMARK.

There is no FX-55 in there at all. Jeez, you are one sad little pup to argue with something so simple as images that blatently say 3500+ and also show the pentium M getting beaten in games. This whole time you were talking about the link YOU put up, and these comments are from the article GAARA put up child.

On the article YOU linked, is the one where you're all getting up on these other benches.

The only reason that these chips are doing so good is the huge amount of L2 Cache and the fact that they took a lesson from AMD by creating shorter pipelines and making each clock cycle count.

On another note.....here's dale now considering a mobile processor when just a couple weeks ago he was wondering how a mobile would even work in a desktop scenario and how it seemed 'iffy' to do lol

I didn't think it was even possible. I didn't no they had adapters for that sort of thing. But I mean if they work well and run like that I guess I wouldn't complain.

They don't have adapters....I mean there IS such thing as a socket adapter, but I don't know how it does in terms of performance. It's simply the fact it's the exact same socket and the BIOS will still recognize it. Bam you gotta cooler running higher OC'ing CPU

Nubius said:
it DIDNT beat out a FX-55 dude. Read the damn article, it's against an AMD64 3500+ which is what....2.2GHz?

oh yes, you were definatly talking about the dual core amd processors, yet the quote you had above this was about the pentium-mobile... indeed.

and nubius, i hope you realize that there wasnt even a PENTIUM MOBILE processor in that benchmark...

speaking of looking at the images before making a fool of ones self, there you go nubius, have fun looking at the images, as you quoted my pentium-m oced to 2.7ghz comment, and put it on a different post, fool.

The only reason that these chips are doing so good is the huge amount of L2 Cache and the fact that they took a lesson from AMD by creating shorter pipelines and making each clock cycle count.

another excuse?

There is no FX-55 in there at all. Jeez, you are one sad little pup to argue with something so simple as images that blatently say 3500+ and also show the pentium M getting beaten in games.

sad little pup, at least, at absolute least, i can tell the difference between the pentium-D and the pentium-M...

bottom line is, i made a comment with a link, you quoted my comment, called me a fool, then i lay out the facts, and you are now sitting here looking stupid.

Nubius said:
They don't have adapters....I mean there IS such thing as a socket adapter, but I don't know how it does in terms of performance.

dale, do you think he even clicked on that link that i posted?

Overclock them BOTH by maybe %25-%40 and see who beats the other... you ask me overclocking one and not the other is realy unfair and dumb... and nubius im only a 9th grader so he must be what? a redneck in the 12th grade like the others here in kentucky?

Originally posted by gaara I don't even know why you brought any of this up in this thread seeing how it has nothing to do with the mobile or FX-55.

Originally posted by charles_scott AMD is still the best for games :p as long as your not doing a lot of other shit...

thats why :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom