Intel D865PERL wont post!! HELP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Lightbulb Intel D865PERL wont post!! HELP

hey all,

My mobo wont post, 2.8ghz prescot processor with 512 ram.. every part works cus iv tried em elsewhere.. only thing that i aint checked is processor.. Iv had 3 mobos with this b4 none of them worked.. this is the 4th motherboard!!!! The intel splash screen comes up but none of the keys on the keyboard work.. tryed pressin escape, F2 and delete..set the pin for the bios to load on configure.. same thing.. took bios out for recovery mode.. no beeps.. took ram out.. 3 beeps, which is whats supposed to happen therefore i know the speaker on the mobo works.. Tried few different keyboards to no avail.. THIS IS SO ANNOYING! can anyone please help.. im really desperate!!

Ehsan

Old 10-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Do I understand this correctly, the keyboard does not work on 4 motherboards???? I sure would like to know where you got the motherboards and one other question..is the 12volts plugged into the ATX standard motherboard. Don't know where to start.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

ehsan bhai u have made the post really difficult to understand.

write clearly, what thing works and what not?
XFX 9600GT AlphaDog
Seagate 2 X 320GB SATA2
LG L246WH Flatron 24"
Sony DVD-RW
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i cant get the pc to post.. the intel splash screen comes up and thats it.. everything is plugged in correctly.. the keyboard buttons (num lock etc.) light up when computer is started and cd roms work as do all fans attached. My problem is i cant get the damn thing to post.. it just doesnt do anything! i pressed every button on the keyboard!! Iv tested it without any components and no luck.. this is driving me crazy!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

From your description the it seems I/O is being tested, memory must have passed, is this true??? So when you say it is not post your still not being clear to us what is a fail point. Have you looked at bios to see if the hdd is accounted for? Is the cd accounted for in the bios?? Is the boot device set in the bios???
My impression is your not going to the hdd or cd is that what your describing as your problem???
Old 10-23-2004, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

basically.. i dont know.. the problem is all i can get from the damn thing is the intel splash screen.. which doesnt tell me if HDD or CD's are found.. however there is power going to the cd drives and the hd because i can hear them and see them work. The problem im getting is that it seems the keyboard just will not do anythin.. the memory and everything else works fine.. i really am starting to think its a problem with the processor cus this is the 4th mobo :|..
Old 10-23-2004, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to silence782

Have you tried clearing your BIOS? Or, checking the master/slave setting on your HDs, and CDROMS? If you have a IDE/SATA combo, have you tried setting the IDE drive to cable select?
512 DDR 2700
160 GB westerndigital hd
Dual booted with XP/Fedora Core 5
PCchips M848A mobo
nVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 video Card
Associate\'s Degree in Applied Computer Sciences.
A+ Certified for Hardware and Operating Systems. Network+ Certified
Old 10-24-2004, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

No. SATA and yeh.. iv tried and checked the rest.. its all to no avail unfortunatly!

Closed Thread