Intel Core i7 hits 5ghz (56k warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I topped out at 4450GHz on my X9650 with water :/ That was just stable long enough for a suicide run. Anything else I'd need either phase cooling or LN2 etc..

I agree with rican. The 9650 can go past 5ghz with crazy cooling :p

If this was with simple water or air, THEN it's darned impressive.

^agreed consoles are gaming pcs with their balls cut off. A pc is much more versatile than a console. And for the price of a console and cheap pc you can have a gaming pc that will play more games and play them better.

Half the games on the 360 aren't even in 1080, they are just upscaled to look like 1080. what a load.

Agreed. And I also just feel much more comfortable using a keyboard and mouse than a little controller. You can also do anything you want with a computer, not just gaming. You get the benefit of free online play with almost every game, not having to subscribe to anything like xbox live.

On top of that, I love that I can pick my parts, and I get to build it myself, rather than opening a box and plugging it in. And in a few years, when new games are out, you have to basically throw away your console to upgrade to a new one, but with a PC you can put 300 bucks into a computer and make it a nice gaming rig again.

Only bad thing about pc's is drivers/system instability and all that crap.

But you can keep two partitions, one for gaming and one for general usage and switch back and forth between both.

where have you seen 5 ghz air?! 1.5v through any chip that is 45nm will not run on air.. i promise you that...

Thats a lie :D i used to run my e2180 at 1.5vcore daily use when i was an idiot, i had to for it to run at 3.2ghz, i ran it for like 5months, then i noticed it was dieing and stopped ;p

that is a 65nm u speak of.. this is a 45nm.. different threshhold to heat

and also 4 cores compared to your 2.. the heat difference is HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom