Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WQ87, so is this the agreement between Micosoft and Intel?
then, Microsoft will launch their 64-bit OS after Intel has launched their 64-bit processor?

can you give a link about this?
just curious to know more about that...

the Athlon 64's cost megabux compared to intel. And the cheapest price for a 2.4GHz Athlon 64 FX was £400! I aint prepared to spend that kinda money when i can get an intel 4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz for the same price!

Well if you knew anything about AMD and intel you would know you can't directly compare the speeds. It's the same price because the 64 will either perform as good or outperform that 3.4GHz, AMD's do more per instruction cycle than Intel does because they have shorted and smaller pipelines while intels are vastly large, another reason why you can get such great jumps in OC'ing an Intel.

That's what intel counts on is people just looking at 2.4 vs 3.4 for the same price....they aren't educated so they assume Intel which they've heard of before and the number 3.4GHz automatically means it performs better....not the case. I've said it once and I'll say it again, AMD is for the people, you won't see them advertising and marketing like Craptel who does nothing BUT sell their chips to dell, compaqUSA, peoplePC, etc..etc.. they don't give a sh!t what we think of it, they go by volume sales not 'customer service' if you will. AMD listens to it's users and they try and make the best chip for your buck. Intel is money grubbing whorage

lol man I just need to keep text files saved of Intel vs AMD and Nvidia vs ATI because I'm always repeating this stuff.

oh yeah I'm definitely sure it is. I'm pretty sure I lay down my opinions on nvidia vs ati, intel vs amd, and ASUS as a manufacturer about once a week as it is :p

Nubius said:
Well if you knew anything about AMD and intel you would know you can't directly compare the speeds. It's the same price because the 64 will either perform as good or outperform that 3.4GHz, AMD's do more per instruction cycle than Intel does because they have shorted and smaller pipelines while intels are vastly large, another reason why you can get such great jumps in OC'ing an Intel.

That's what intel counts on is people just looking at 2.4 vs 3.4 for the same price....they aren't educated so they assume Intel which they've heard of before and the number 3.4GHz automatically means it performs better....not the case. I've said it once and I'll say it again, AMD is for the people, you won't see them advertising and marketing like Craptel who does nothing BUT sell their chips to dell, compaqUSA, peoplePC, etc..etc.. they don't give a sh!t what we think of it, they go by volume sales not 'customer service' if you will. AMD listens to it's users and they try and make the best chip for your buck. Intel is money grubbing whorage

This is how you technically explain it

I will dummingly explain it.

I had 5 computers in the past 3-4 years (I had more, but I only problably ran them for a week or two, b4 i sold them)

1. gateway 2.4 pent (wife's)2002-2004
2.amd 1200 (Mine)2001-2003

3.amd 2800 on lanparty mobo (my special one in the basement. it has stayed on everyday for 2 years. i use it as a server. it has never crashed, got stuck, restarted itself or anything goofy like that,Which is way i will never sell it. I always stayed on it, until recently. i hijack my kid's becuse it is in the main room. ) 2003-2004
4. sony 2.8 hyperthreading (wife) 2004
5.amd 2000(kids). 2 month's old

they all had 512 ram

with the except of converting video, the amd's does everything faster than the pentium's

on my first two comp the gateway was way faster (that was expected since the processor was twice as powerful), until I added a 256mb stick of memory to it so that they would both have 512 ram. they basically had the same speed for most jobs (that was a suprise)

people had told me that pentium was faster, but I learned from myself that, that isn't true.

people had told me that pentium was faster, but I learned from myself that, that isn't true.

Yup, that's basically it. Quite a good post I might add :D And nice Mobo you got in your sig, I have the MSI KT6V here on this secondary comp of mine, good boards. But yeah it basically comes down to the fact that people dont know crap. Finding out for yourself is the way to go, but for the most part the people who said Pentium is faster probably couldn't even tell you that AMD even existed. I still stay by my 'theory' I guess you will that AMD is out to market to us that know what the hell we want from our chips. Intel is just marketing galore.

AMD ALL THE WAY!!!!

Just purchase yourself a better CPU fan to go with them.

The problem that i have with Intel is that Intel seem to be lacking in future proofing. Like I am sure that we all know stories about some one with a Slot 1 Motherboard, or that the CPU is not Coppermine, Tullatium or Prescott. The thing that I like with AMD is that they base new technology on what has all ready been established in the market place. Therefore, you might be able to get at least 1x CPU change with out having to change the motherboard along with it. Like my current set up has been from 900Mhz --> 1700Mhz --> 2600Mhz and I am still kicking the same motherboard around. I have not seen that sort of upgradability in an intel based system ever since Slot 1.

However, with that being sead, I would advised to get yourself the Socket 943 (??????) CPU as I do believe they are the path for the future.
(SLOT A any one??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom