installing xp + sata drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
first off thanks for reading this
the problem i hav is my mate just got a new pc amd 939 3500+ 6600gt etc he also got a 120gb sata hard drive.

ok so we put it all together will minimal problems. chuked the xp disk in then we stated to hav problems, the h.w was recoignes in the BIOS fine as a WD120 or sumting along those lines. but after the park in xp after u "press entre to setup windows xp" it said something like windows cannot copy files to hard drive press entre to do sumting or press s to do sumting. well both of them didnt work. we also tried multiply xp cd's. so then we installed Linux.. word like a charm(just to c if the h.d was ok). then we put an old hard drive in norm IDE 133 and installed xp on it no worres. now in this version of xp the new WD120Gb is in the device maneger but not my computer??????? and we want windows on the fast 120Gb not the old slow drive

so my main question is how can i install winxp on the 120gb SATA wich we know is ok?

the above probable made no sence but it was worh a try!

thanks heeps

Simon

You have to install a driver for it from a floppy. press one of the F buttons when it has that blue screen, straight after it starts to boot from disk. it will say which one at the bottom of the screen, when it says install scsi drivers.

i shall pass this information on 2 the bloke tomorow and post bak thankz

Simon

For SATA hardisk, u need to install the driver b4 u can use the hardisk n install OS in it~~~

wierd... everywhere it says that you should install drivers for an sata drive when installing windows, but i never had to. are some versions of windows different than others and include drivers?

I demand you stop the butchering of the English language this instant!!! But yeah, install the driver first, the the os. And you said linux worked like a charm? lol linux: 2 Windows: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom