installing new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the instructions that came with the Video Card .It will tell you how to go from Onboard Video to PCI . If you have an older Motherboard theres more to it than just disabling onboard video and installing the PCI card you`ll be left with a blank screen.
Depending on the age of the MB theres probably a Bios update
that you`ll need to do before you even install the card .
Sense we now no that you have a Onboard Video Controler, And it appears to be a SIS board what model is it .

i have'nt actually got the computer yet, but its a Packard Bell IMEDIA 3032 from www.dixons.co.uk. My friend has a very similar IMEDIA pc with SIS 650 graphics and he says that it plays dvds and games crystal clear! so the SIS 651GX 3D in the pc imguna get should play them alright should'nt it?

nope, these days a £100 graphics card would struggle, im definitly sure a SIS 651GX 3D (onboard i guess) will not even work, that is unless u play older games.

it'll play DVD's ok because watching a DVD doesn't require that much GPU power
if you don't want to pay much for a video card, a 9600 Pro will do you fine, it is cheap but powerful

You don't need a graphics card to simply display DVD man....a $20 card will get you the same quality picture as any expensive card regarding DVD's, it's just an image produced on the screen....a graphics card RENDERS images itself.....a DVD is not causing the graphics card to render any images. My Geforce2 will show dvd's 'just as clear' as a 6800 Ultra. Spend $150 on a graphics card and you'll have a decent enough card to play all previous games complete max settings and newer games on medium

This guys AMD64 system with the 9600XT barely runs the same settings better than my computer...which doom defaults the settings to high quality 800x600 resolution, no aa, no af, but all effects. It just barely gets smoother framerate than my FX 5700 and that's not even if I OC'd my 5700. My computer runs it up in the 40's usually and will dip into 20's or 15 or so during a really heavy part, but mostly it's playable and not laggy enough to bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom