Installing multiple serial printers and peripherals? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Installing multiple serial printers and peripherals?

So my point of sale computer that is connected to two epson tm 220 receipt printers and one tm t88 iii printer along with an epson dm 210 pole display. I cannot for the life of me get the pole display and one of the tm 220 receipt printers working. The t88 iii seems to work, albeit slowly, and the one tm220 works flawlessly. Is there some special way of doing this? This system was already in place, but a hard drive failure means I have to reinstall all of these printers. So confusing com1 - com5 ports when I only 4 serial ports and one parallel port.

Someone help me figure this out please, I'll be here the next 4 hours trying to figure this out.

So after some investigating the already-installed hardware, I see that the TM220 printer that isn't working is connected very awkwardly, it goes from a parallel to ethernet adapter, to a ethernet to serial adapter then connects to the computer. I don't know how to identify which port is which so I can install using the EPSON software.
Intel E7200 @ 2.53 (stock)
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
2x1GB PNY RAM DDR2-800
Sapphire HD4850
Antec Earthwatts 430 Watt
22" Acer LCD
Closed Thread