Installing HD on old Compaq Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
Where would be the best place to look to find a 20gb HD that will fit in the 1998 Compaq Armada laptop series? The current is a 4200 RPM 4.3 gb and it's worthless. Should I go directly to Compaq? Or should I find out what I need, and order it from NewEgg or etc... ? Any help would be appreciated :D

If your going to replace the drive then yea you can pretty much get any IDE HD you want. If your going to put a new one in with the current, Make sure you got a extra bay and that the IDE cables aren't full on devices already.

Okay.... But what I really need to know is where to get it? I've never had to order a PC part before. Before what I've done is gone to the nearest store, and just bought what I needed, but this time, the store doesn't have what I need so I'll have to order it.

Okay thanks!

And I think I've found a correct HDD, but I'm really not sure. The old HDD has a big strip of black tape on it to prevent tampering, and it covers most of the info numbers. And when I went to, not only, the Compaq website, but the HDD manufacturer site(IBM/HITACHI), too. And neither had any info for this product on their respective databases.

Here's the link to the HDD that I found.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-153-009&depa=3

Any more help would be greatly appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom