Installing hard drive problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
I got in my new Western Digital hard drive today and popped open my Dell. I went to read the instructions. They said that there will be 2 green rails in the 2nd hard drive bay....guess what, THERE ARENT! "Oh, wait," I says," Heres some spare ones on the inside of the case. I will just use these." I grab the two I need and free them from their holding places. I look at them and see that they have no screws to screw into the hard drive.....great.

I mean, what the **** is this!? They cant even give me two pieces of green plastic wth screws in them!?

What am I supposed to do!?

I don't know what you should do to place your HD in there but I just gotta say, "That's a Dell for ya!" I'm sure you can construct some way of fitting it in. ;)

Seraph, if there's a computer shop near you, go there and tell them your situation. I dont' know the official name of the part i'm talkin about... it's just a regular metal piece with two tiny claw hooks on either side to hold the hard drive, and has holes on the front where you can fasten it to the PC case itself.

I have 3 hard drives inside my Dell pc... and it didnt' take anything extravagant. It does take some effort, but it can be done.

Lol, you can go to any computer/hardware store. Buy 4 of those screws and attach the green rails to the side of the HD.

Make sure that the tebs are facgin out so that to remove it you squeeze the 2 tabs together.

THen you can simply slide the HD into the slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom