Installing AMD 64 Processor and Heatsink(Fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahaha thats almost as good as the Socket 939 in Socket A post, O good god some people are really smart!!

Also make sure no stray hairs are laying across your board.....bobo knows what I"m talkin about =)

thanksyo

yea puttin the processor in was no big deal, i was just worried about the heatsink...
'nother question. i was building a friends computer and he had totally maxed it out:
amd 64 3800+
some crazy asus mobo
2 x 160 gb seagates
sony dvd burner
lg cdrw/dvd combo
1 gb ocz performance series
and some crazy thermaltake case

anyway, after spending about the whole day putting everything in, i finally set in the cpu and turn it on
so the sexy asus chick tells me, "cpu failure due to overclocking"
im like? what? i havent even gone into bios.
so i tell my friend u have a dead cpu.. rma and get a new one (newegg of course)
we get the new cpu a week later, and i stick that one in.. SAME PROBLEM. any ideas?

Did you use the jumpers near the battery to clear the CMOS. He might have overclocked in the past and so the BIOS is retaining that information. If you use those jumpers and clear it, then it'll return to default settings and not only should it NOT say its been overclocked but it infact should be UNDERCLOCKED being that the BIOS will be freshly reset....so at that point you'll need to go in and make adjustments to make sure you got the right frequencies etc...etc...

it was a BRAND new motherboard and BRAND new cpu. right out of the box. thats the thing, i dont understand how it could be overclocked if its brandnew. does AMD overclock them it reach those speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom