installed sp2 now i cant connect....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people have reported problems with SP2, revert back to SP1 or make sure your network settings are how they were before up installed it

If you're using a virus protector,shut if off or go to security center and shut off virus protection and try to connect,with both on it will cause problems

There is a virus that does that too. Local Network is fine, but you get onto the net is an impossibilty.

Like I have had to clean it off both my house mates computers. :rolleyes:

I forget the name of the virus that was popping

Try going to your Network Connections folder.

Right click the 'Local Area Connection' right click and disable it. Right click again and enable it, rigth click again and repair it. A lot of times that fixes mine on SP2.

Its best to install SP2 with a fresh installation of Windows. If you do this, not only will SP2 run smoothly, but your Windows will be better, more stable, and more secure than it would be with only SP1. However, problems can arrise by installing SP2 on a worn-down installation of XP. Think of it like upgrading an older version of Windows to a newer version without a clean install. You always get better results from the clean install.

beedubaya said:
Its best to install SP2 with a fresh installation of Windows.
I had issues with my computer when I installed SP2. Hence the reason why I am waiting for the first excuse for a fresh install.
And now that work finally got up to day with their MS Action Pack Subscription, I can finally do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom