Improper labeling of Hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamB

Beta member
I just built a computer for a friend today, And He has a 160gb Maxtor Diamondmax Hd. while installin some stuff (Nvidia Forceware) It prompted me that I was low on diskspace. I'st obiously wrong, considering theres 152gb of space on this thing? He currently has Xp Pro SP1. Im thinking of upgrading to it right now. It gets very annyoing too, because When He asked me to install a game demo, it game me crap about the low diskspace.

Later, I formatted to XP Sp2, Still nothing. I know that I Confused the computer because when I first hooked it up, I plugged in his printer (HP PSC 1315) Which has a card reader on it. But when I installed Sp2 on it it was unplugged, but it stayed as the E: drive. Is there a program that I can change the letter so it wont be confused? I tried going under Computer management and changing it, but to no avail. I couldnt because it was a system drive.

Anyone know of a program or something thatll change it?

You must have a partition issue here. Look at the properties of your hard drive in My Computer by right clicking on the drive Icon. What does it say. After you do that we'll have a better idea about what to do next.

if its not partitions try a full reformat and install windows or send it back! but i think what ur sayin is that windows is tellin u that but, my computer says 152gb free then dont worry about or find a way to turn off those notifacations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom