I'm A Switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thendar

Solid State Member
Yup... I've switched from a Mac to a PC.

The final straw was my last purchase of an iMac G5, although the exterior of the iMac is darn pretty the inside is nothing but low-end, out-dated PC components. All the while the Intel/AMD world was leaping light years ahead in technology while I stagnate on a slow Mac.

I paid $1500 for this machine and was forced to spend another $150 to upgrade the measly 256mb of RAM and another $140 for an external FW drive to make up for the tiny 80 GB HD. So to get a usable computer I shelled out almost $1800.

Was also getting frustrated on the software side, the iApplications that Apple provides all are pretty dismal and forget about gaming. I couldn't even use any of the features of my ISP (SBC Yahoo DSL) because the Safari browser wasn't supported.

Well to make a long story short.... I'm a little overwhelmed by all my options in hardware and software... it feels liberating :)

People trash Microsoft, but take it from me, you don't know the true effects of a monopoly until you've owned a Mac.

Welcome to the PC world:D

Are you looking to build a new computer? Or was this just an informative post? I am confused :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom