I'm Still Having Problems With My Game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Solid State Member
sup,

i'm currently playing final fantasy XI, but it still has this stuttering problem. it's like when i'm running around the character will kinda come to a stop then run real fast to catch up with the game. now, i have a dsl connection and that game real only needs a 56K connection so that's not the case... plus my DSL works perfect.

so i thought it was RAM, so i upgraded to a 512 stick combined with my 256 so i now have 768MB RAM... and it still did it ... so i thought graphics card.

so, i then bought a radeon 9600XT uninstalled my previous drivers and installed the 9600XT's drivers with no problems ... it still runs the game... but, i still get the stutter!

even when i drop the screen size to 512 or 800x600 it still stutters like it did before!

very frustrating, all my friends that play this game barely have half the gaming rig i have and there games run smoother and they never have stuttering.

should i reinstall it? there was a couple times it froze back when i had my faulty graphics card and that could've corrupted the game.

if not that what else could it be?

please help a guy out. thanks. :)

alright, i ran a "check for errors" program within final fantasy and found zero errors in it. the only thing it doesn't seem to recongnize is my chipset, but my other games work just fine at a high resolution.

still stumped ....

imma 'bout to throw this game away ....

The problem sound like lag spikes. These spikes can be caused by your connection to a server that you are playing on, or the server itself. I'm not familiar with this game's online options, but if you have the option of choosing a server and inputting ping values, try to look for a ping less than 80.

Also, you may want to close any background applications you aren't using and shut down all background processes running, except for those you need of course. You may also want to run an adware/spyware removal program to see if there are any unwanted adware or spyware programs running in the background, undetected. You can find these adware/spyware removal programs with a search on google or at download.com. You may also want to update your virus program and run a full scan.

Personally id set fire to it and run around shouting abuse at it, but unfortunately it wont help you.

I again concur with Bleep above as that seems to be the best idea...

Does the game play ok offline?!

they won't let you play it online. :(

so, i will try what you said bleep, thanks for the help. if another server doesn't work and it's not the addware i'm going to see how far i can throw this stupid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom