Im Starting A Graphic New Media Course At Uni Next And Dont Know What Computer To Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

goca

Baseband Member
Im Starting A Graphic New Media Course At Uni Next Year Which Is A Course That Includes Conventional Graphic Design And 3D Modeling Aswell,

My Dillema Is i Need To Buy A Computer To Do My Work While On The Course And I Have No Idea What To Buy???

I Was Gonna Buy A Mac (Mac Mini) Because all The art and graphic schools used macs for their work, but i heard that 3d modeling was better on the pc, now i dont know which computer to buy and what would be the best, also keeping in mind i dont have thousands of pounds to blow, as i am a student!

Any Help Will Be apreciated!

Report Post | IP: Logged

if you are in arts, I still say buy a Mac

you will save yourself for converting files back and forth later.

a mac would be good, but a mac mini is only a g4, so it won't be very powerful. if you could spend more an imac g5 or even powermac g5 would be much better.

Ask what the course uses, and mimic as best as you can what they have. If its a Mac, then get the best mac available. If its a PC, then configure one for graphics engineering.

Leave room in your budget for software. 3d modeling isnt fun without thr 3d modeling. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom