I'm Split!! help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
Xp 3000+ 400 fsb OEM w/ thermalright SLK heatsink and a Vantec tornado (very nice setup)

OR

Xp 3200+ 400 fsb RETAIL w/ retail heatsink and fan.

both are almost exact same price (3200+ =187, 3000+ w/ the heatsink and fan = 188.02). Which one man? i dont know how good the retail fan/heatsinks are for these.

I think the first one, because you will get more overclocking ability, and will prolly be able to pass up the 3200

i agree with masterkremekorn... as long as you dont mind some noise. 55.2 dB for the Tordando and 46dB for the Thermalright, thats a bit too loud for my liking. if i was going to buy a new processor (along your specs) i would but the 3000+, buy a heatsink like the Nexus AXP-3200 (19dB.. thats very quiet) and a Nexus Real Silent 92mm Case Fan (19.2dB) then overclock it to as high as it will let me being stable (not quite sure where that will get to). The athlon xp 3200+ and 3000+ have only about 40MHZ difference.

Go for the first one....standard you won't be able to tell the performance difference, but you can OC with the Tornado heatsink on the first one if you want;)

thats what i had in mind.
"and 46dB for the Thermalright"
i didnt know the heatsink made that much noise...
- ill check out those nexus's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom