IM SO PISSED OF AT WD!! Clicking noise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboi

Daemon Poster
hi,

My dad got my sister a used crappy Compaq. A 667Mhz Celeron *laughs*. It came with two hard drives. I formatted and installed Windows 98[ I don't have the XP cd]. It came with two hard drives. One was a Compaq 15 GB, the one it came with, when the previous owner bought it, and a WD 40 GB. I wasn't able to install WIndows on the 40 GB, cause it had about 3/4 of the drivbe full off damaged/bad clusters [damn you WD]. Two days later, after updated and every other driver installed, a PC clean up, etc, a clicking noise came on. I narrowed it to the WD. That hard drive was sitting in the floppy drive bay, it heated up crazy! I took it out, and saw a sticker saying: WARNING! DO NOT COVER THE HOLES ON THE HD! That bay was covering all six holes. I moved it where the Compaq HD was, it was sitting rear end up. That was the only way you could have installed it. I moved it there, and put the Compaq below the floppy, since the Compaq had no holes. I booted it up, and the clicking stopped. But, it froze where the splash screen comes on. THen I set my Compaq to Master, and it booted up fine. However, there were lags, lots of them. I removed the WD, and there were no lags. When I put it back in, it started clicking again:angry: ! I got so pissed off, that I punched the WD, and somehow, the clicking stopped. Everytime it did that, I punched it and it stopped. However this time it didn't, it's still clikcing as I type. I took the top sticker off, and it unveiled the hard drive! WTF!!!! A STICKER WAS COVERING THE HARD DRIVE!!!!! Damn, was I FREAKED! The platter kept spinning at 7200 RPM, it made so much noise, it felt like a fan. I quickly put the sticker back on. Man, I hope i\I didn't get any dust there, cause, DAMN! Anyways..... WTF is wrong with my hard drive?

Its not WD's fault.....................................................
Place your blame on someone else.

Also in about a month your HD is going to tottally sh!t the bed. Even though you open the sticker really quick you still got some dust in it. And it is going to get clogged on the reading heads.

yeah, I was about to say the same thing. It's a USED computer so bad sectors and crap isn't going to be WD's fault and punching it certainly isnt going to help it either.

it's not WD's fault the hard drive has gone bad, in fact Western Digital always makes good quality drives., you are one of the few people who actually have a bad WD drive.
that clicking noise means it is on its way out, you will need to get it replaced

what hard drive you get is up to you (you could choose not to get a new one) but I would suggest either a Seagate or Western Digital.
keep in mind that your computer will not run SATA drives, unless you get a PCI SATA controller

apokalipse said:
it's not WD's fault the hard drive has gone bad, in fact Western Digital always makes good quality drives., you are one of the few people who actually have a bad WD drive.
that clicking noise means it is on its way out, you will need to get it replaced

what hard drive you get is up to you (you could choose not to get a new one) but I would suggest either a Seagate or Western Digital.
keep in mind that your computer will not run SATA drives, unless you get a PCI SATA controller

you got to be kidding me!!!!! SATA for THAT computer.

Funniest thing I have heard ALLLLL Day and belive me today was a long day.

But still, the I had to laugh that you even implied a SATA controller and HD.

The words SATA & Celeron do not belong together.

But still, the I had to laugh that you even implied a SATA controller and HD.

The words SATA & Celeron do not belong together.
Uhhh no...he simply said the only way you could run SATA, never that it would worth it

apokalipse said:
did you know Tech-Forums is running on a Celeron?

And your point is???? You have to remember that all that celeron has to do is push letters around.Running a forum is not that hard.

Really no complex calculations are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom