Im looking at getting a new computer and i want to find out if it will do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
This is it
AMD 2600xp
gigabyte 7vt600f
128 9600XTG
512 pc 3200
combodrive
thermotech III aluminium

is this able to play any games?
not best settings but i need medium for games like far cry

hmm im not sure about the processor (im more of an intel person)

but everything else looks great

of course, youll need a hard drive

alo as ur a intell kind a guy what intell would u say i should get
i got some advice saying that AMD was a better gameing company and that Intel were more work (shiver down spine) oriented

Sh0r_ty said:
alo as ur a intell kind a guy what intell would u say i should get
i got some advice saying that AMD was a better gameing company and that Intel were more work (shiver down spine) oriented

thats just fans of AMD saying that . . .

really, they both do the job

the only thing is that amd athlon xp 2600 is about $100 running at 2GHz

the intels that i would recommend (closest to that price) would be

pentium 4 2.4cGHz w/HT
its $169 but its a northwood with 800FSB http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-157&depa=1

if you want a celeron

newegg has a 2.6GHz with 400FSB for $90 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-112-178&depa=1

also, youll have to get a mobo compatible with intel

AMDs perform better in graphics benchmarks and games, its been proven by many times . Whatever you do don't get a Celeron . There is no need to get a Celeron when they cost more than an Athlon XP and the XP smokes them . If you get an Athlon XP get a 2500+ which is $80 and Overclock its FSB to 400MHz . Then your memory will perform at its rated speed . Athlon XPs perform slightly worse than similiar P4 s overall , but still do better in games .
IF you have the money get a P4 or Athlon 64 , if you're short on cash get an XP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom