I'm an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdinkel

Daemon Poster
Guess what. besides the topic post...

Today, I went over to the electronic store to get a fan , because mine is 'bout shot. She said that the closest match she had was for a Pentium 3, but that I could probably make it work for a Celeron 500. Being the genius I am, I decided to go ahead and just take the fan and the heatsink and look at the amount of work it was going to take to get it done. Decided it was too much, and tried to put the chip back on, and start it up.

Now, I'm having to pay $25 to get the processor reseated and maybe the new heatsink and fan installed... Not a bad price, but i'm still an idiot.

At least i accept it...

I've got a good story from my tech class. One time we were trying to get so we could see what was going on on the screen of a PowerBook G3(it was screwed up due to mirroring, and we couldn't change it). Anyway, the other dude decides, "hey, I'm going to plug in an adapter with twice the voltage that the converter box takes." I sit there, thinking "what the hell", but I don't say anything

Meanwhile, he plugs in the cable from the back of the video out port into the converter, plugs the adapter into the wall, and whoosh, bam whack. I smell smoke, all the lights shut off, and the TV goes screwy. It all comes back on, and all i could say at the point was "you idiot."

Thats my story for the day.

The name of this friend of mine will remain anonymous but he once "clipped" the leads off of an ISA NIC and placed it into a PCI slot.
.........ummmmmm.......... are you serious dude? :)

-Michael

This is not really such a bad mistake, but a funny story.

I have a friend who had a computer going on almost 3 years. One day he was typing a report for school, and the dust inside the box cought fire. Scared that he would burn the house down he ripped out all cables and threw it out the window of the 5 storey building. Must have been a pretty sight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom