Im confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Let me explain this better. I have a old computer and a new one that im building. The old computer has a Maxtor 40gig diamond plus 8 ATA in it with a motherboard that supports ATA 33/66/100. My new computer will have a motherboard that supports ATA 33/66/100/133. I cant figure out if I should (or can) just take the old hard drive out and put it on my new PC for now and buy a ATA 100 hard drive for the old computer (my kids will use the old computer when im done) or should I buy a new ATA 133 for my new computer. Or does it matter if I buy a Seagate 100 for my new motherboard(supports 33/66/100/133) or can I even use a ATA 150 for my new motherboard even though it doesnt support ATA 150. Im lost. I think I might be looking at this whole ATA concept wrong. I mean doesnt the higher ATA mean the faster the Hard drive? I dont know what too do....

never mind, forget wht i said in my last post

i can't find any ATA133 seagates, but just go for a 100 then, a few seconds slower can't hurt you (doubt the difference is that big though)

Well this mobo is a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. It does not say it does.

P.S. Dont let me confuse you with all the different computers Im working with. I have 2 new computers and a old one Im working on.

there's no such thing as ATA150

ATA100=100mb/sec
ATA133=133mb/sec
SATA=150mb/sec <---that's probably what you're thinking about?

You are most likely right. It just says on the Specs - Interface: Serial ATA150 and under Features: SATA interface with ECQ. If I could figure out how to link I would lik it. Its Seagate baracuda 7200.7 SATA 80 GB for 62.25 and of course always on newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom