I'm Blind! Change Bios settings to PCI Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
Ok here it is, my other computer had an AGP graphics card when i first got it. It worked fine untill it recently fryed for no reason (the monitor just doesnt turn on when the comp starts) so i have this extra PCI card that i want to put in, but the BIOS settings are set for the AGP card and the PCI one don't send a signal to the monitor so i cant see what im doing! Can anyone help me how to change the BIOS to the PCI card wothout being able to see

Please Help! :D Thanks!

I think you're going to have to come up with some sort of AGP card to run the monitor while you change the BIOS over to the PCI card. Perhaps the card from your other computer.

I've only seen about 10-12 BIOS interfaces, and they were all different so its unlikely that someone would be able to guide you through your BIOS.

The only other option i can think of is that some motherboards come with some on board video as well as an AGP slot. If your mobo has onboard video you could use that. you've probably already checked for that though.

Look for a BIOS reset jumper setting and reset the CMOS. If there isn't one on your motherboard search for the battery and remove it, be sure your computer is unplugged :) Keep the battery out for 5 minutes and then replace it. The CMOS settings should be reset and hopefully your BIOS manufacturer uses PCI video as default. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom