If you had $2500....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if you saw this since you posted last but I replied again above this one. Just making sure ;)

Well, if you're just an average gamer, then any decent laptop will do if you make sure it has an average vid card in it instead of those stock laptop integrated crap cards.

If you are going to get into serious gaming with a laptop, though, you really gotta fork out the bucks and buy a gaming laptop, quote $3000 and up. $2500 will get you the bare minimum for a serious gaming laptop.

Well if she does get into gaming there is no hope for it in an apple. If you are centered around graphics and image editing emily, then you might think about an apple.

I thought it was what i would do if i had $2500, not ideas for what someone else would do.

I thought it was what i would do if i had $2500
It is...kinda...
More what laptop you would buy with $2500 if you had it.

If it was what you would do if you just had $2500...well...I for one would still be in Salzburg.

I would go with either a compaq laptop that has an AMD 64 3200, a DVD+-RW 160 Gb hd. Or a IBM, but they sold off their pc devision. Oh well. I would stay away from dell or anything else.

Compaq over Dell ? Hmm.... no. I wouldn't even consider Compaq if my budget was $2500. Go Dell, Alienware, or better yet, Falcon Northwest.

forgot about falcon, may i resuggest falcon northwest or ibuypower. i have heard acer is good, as well as sager. alienware i feel are good, but well overpriced for what you get. i still don't like the big brand names, dell, compaq, sony, whathaveyou.

Yes I would get a compaq over a dell. Dells are not quality products. Plus they dont put AMD chips in their pc's. The compaq I was describing is a very nice laptop. It comes with a wide screen, one that is quite large for a laptop.

IBM is at the top of the list, but they no longer make pc's.

As for all of those leading pc makers that specilize for gaming desktops, you wont get much of a battery life out of those. And why would you want to game on a laptop? Any half serious gamer wouldnt use a laptop.

Voodoo's Envy m50

You can upgrade the processor to 1.7, the ram to 756, get it shipped, and the extra battery for under 2.5k

Its light (3.5lbs) but it is lacking in the graphics department (Intel 855GME 64 Meg 3D Graphics).

The Envy m858 is a good AMD system, but shipping alone will make the price tag around 2.7k

Dells are not quality products.

Same could be said of HP's products. I've had complaints with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom