If you had $2500....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell normally overcharges you and you don't get the best components but their XPS Laptops are one hell of a laptop. Configure to suit your needs and prepare to be blown away. They have won numerous awards for their XPS laptops, unlike their desktops.

yeah, dell inspiron XPS. nothing else compares. dell desktops though, well...its just downhill from there

DONT GET THE DELL 600M, I have it and I want to kill it more every day I have to even touch it

for a Laptop..... well, Laptop's are pretty restricting compared to PC's, but I would try and get one without the hard drive, CPU, video card and RAM and put my own custom ones in

I would try and get one with socket 939 (if they have socket 939 motherboards for Laptops) or else socket 754, and put in:
an Athlon 64 3200+ DTR
a 2.5" Seagate 80GB 5400RPM hard drive
Geforce Go 6800
Kingmax 2x512MB PC3200 SODIMM

I don't think it's worth it to spend 2500 on a laptop.... unless you want to play games on that too. I use mine for school-work only. But that's just me.

I would go to Ibuypower.com and get the baddest laptop they have to offer, something with a mobile radeon, at least 512 ram, 80 gig or bigger harddrive. at ibuypower.com, you get to choose almost every component that goes into the laptop, and they are quality components, unlike Dell, Sony and other name brands.

This sucker was in your price range:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
17" WideXGA+ 1400 x 900 LCD Display
P4 Processor 530 w/ HT 3.0GHz 1MB Cache
Intel® 915P Chipset Supporting PCI-Express
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go with 256MB
High-Definition Audio (24-bit, 192Khz) with 7.1 surround sound
40GB 7200 RPM ATA100
24x10x24 CD-RW / 8X DVD

Price: $2,532.00

It's nice. We use them at work.

for what it's worth, i love my sony vaio!
but with any system if i don't build it myself, the first thing i do is backup and reformat... fresh install of the OS without all the Sony/Dell crud that that they install on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom