If overclocking isnt my greatest concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjero

Solid State Member
I bought my case, floppy drive, power supply, and 80 gig 7200RPM western digital HD for $100, the 2500 barton and abit NF7-S 2.0 are in the mail, and Im starting to get excited.

Now Im looking for RAM. Anyone have suggestions as to what type of RAM should I be looking for? Overclocking is not a great concern although I want good quality. The NF7-S has 3 slots that will support up to 3 gigs. Id like to max it out one day so I guess I should go ahead and get a 1 gig chip.

Any suggestions would be great.

iamjero said:
I bought my case, floppy drive, power supply, and 80 gig 7200RPM western digital HD for $100, the 2500 barton and abit NF7-S 2.0 are in the mail, and Im starting to get excited.

Now Im looking for RAM. Anyone have suggestions as to what type of RAM should I be looking for? Overclocking is not a great concern although I want good quality. The NF7-S has 3 slots that will support up to 3 gigs. Id like to max it out one day so I guess I should go ahead and get a 1 gig chip.

Relax and enjoy what you have.
Why didn't you go to a local store ?
How much mem did it include ?
1/2 gb is all you need as my 5 minutes away supplier told me.
You decide now.I have 256 and doing just fine.
:)

Yes, dual channel is great. If you want 1GB of ram you're better off buying two sticks of 512mb. You're computer will run faster because it has two busses instead of 1. If all you need is 1GB, you can either go 2x512mb and stick them in the dual channel banks, or buy 2 1gb and stick them in the dual channel banks. It's up to you.

By the way, your dual channel memory slots will be closer together, while your third slot (DIMM 3) will be apart from them. If you're only going to be using one stick of ram, you're supposed to place it in DIMM 3.

iamjero said:

This might but have been overlooked.You have to use the type your mbd supports.eg:ddr,pc100 etc.
A name brand is best,and use the same brand and type in all slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom