Identifying ASUS and Intel motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I am trying to find a good used lga775 socket motherboard and I found an ad on craigslist that has 2 motherboards. The only problem is he does not know what socket they are.

He told me the ASUS model # is P408XMX and has a Intel 2.6ghz pentium processor installed. So I assume this is not lga775. Am I correct on this?

He also has a Intel board and the model # is 289002326. Is there anyway to identify these 2 boards? I googled the model # and nothing came up for either one.

Thanks in advance.

He does not have these boards installed. These are just some parts he had lying around and trying to get rid of.

Anyway to know for sure which one it is?

I may just take the chance and buy them. All together he is selling 2 mobo's(one has processor installed), Geforce 6600gt gpu, 2 sticks, 1gb total of ddr2 ram and 2 WD HDD's, one ide and one sata all for $25.

I would still like to confirm what the mobo's are before I buy.

email the specific company.

look for more info on the board. They usually will have the actual model number somewhere on them.

look at the socket or get the actual processor model from the cpu.

socket 775.
s775-p4-prescott-3.6-bottom.jpg

socket 478.
socket478_back.jpg

478 had pins on the cpu 775 hap pins on the mb.

What are you supposed to be circling in that pic?

The numbers I gave you is the actual model # according to the seller. He said the cpu is a Intel Pentium 2.6ghz. I don't know if that is a pentium 4, dual core or what it is. He acts like he doesn't know either.

He must have sold these boards already. The ad on craigslist is gone. So it looks like I missed out:cry: So I guess no need to find out what they are anymore. Thanks for the help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom