Idea: Copper CPU Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only AMD's that have heatspreaders are the 64's, the AMD XP's and such just have a single rectangular die (core) in the middle. Not sure what the hell that thing is made of, but 10 to one they studied its heat conductivity a lot more than you and know what the hell they're doing. I highly doubt some kid waking up one day and thinking 'hey why isnt it copper' is a revolutionary idea

BTW: Diamonds have an INSANE heat dissipation ability and tolerance.....so all we gotta do is have diamond made cores for the CPU and diamond heatsinks!

I'm pretty sure its diamonds that have that insane thermal conductivity. If I'm wrong let me know

i think Icedragon is rong... if i am also rong, someone please correct it.
--------------------------------------------------------
copper is better for obsorbing heat away from the cpu, aluminum is used on the heatsink fin's to release it into the air more quickly.
------------------------------------------------
if what i said is correct, then a copper heat spreader prolly would perform better.. mayb.

i think copper does dissipate heat better than allu, thats y the top of th eline hsf are in copper.

just read the ladder part of ur post, if that is correct then the hs should have copper base, and allu fins or w/e they are called to release the heat, but i dont think thats the case

jolancer said:
i think Icedragon is rong... if i am also rong, someone please correct it.
--------------------------------------------------------
copper is better for obsorbing heat away from the cpu, aluminum is used on the heatsink fin's to release it into the air more quickly.
------------------------------------------------
if what i said is correct, then a copper heat spreader prolly would perform better.. mayb.

Why would you say Im wrong if you say the same thing?

haha good point icedragon, but ur saying copper is better for absorbing the heat, hes saying allu is better to release it, so the fans can suck it away.

The fans don't suck air away...air blows on top of them. The most optimal heatsink is one made of solid copper with thinly skivved fins. That way they aren't glued or soldered and offer the most heat absorbtion.

and yeah u-toast....of course it'd cost a lot for diamonds...like I was serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom