Idea: Copper CPU Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
I woke up this morning, and this picture came in my head of a copper head on the CPU. I then started to think, "Hey... If were so worried about heat, why dont we use a better conductor on the actual CPU?". So I was wondering why do they use the material they currently use on all of the cpu's? I'm not sure what it is, so I wont take a guess. So I need some answers:

1. Why do they use the material they use now
2. Why dont they use copper? Or is the other material more conductive?

uhh, 1st im not spamming.., and second, im answering ur question, silicon is much mroe condictive than copper, that y thermal past is made from silicon compound. geez

o gez u r write.

Why do we need the silicone head in the first place? Why doesn't the heat jus get sucked out and go into a ducting system?

was taht a question, or was it cuz i said something dumb? ( plz say so if i did) so i wont say it again, hehe

Quit bickering:rolleyes:

I believe they use an aluminum heatspreader over the actual CPU, like with RAM and THEN they either use a thermal pad, inbetween the cpu heatspreader and the heatsink/fan, or thermal grease.........

I am pretty sure thats the way Intel does their's, not sure if AMD has the same method:confused:

alright, thanks for clearing what i said wrong, but the thermal grease is silicone compound tho right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom