IDE question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

didi

Daemon Poster
My friend's mobo (EPOX xxxx) got only 2 IDE.
first IDE : Primary CDROM, Slave CDRW
second IDE : Primary Maxtor ATA133 HDD, slave none.
Currently he brought a new DVDROM.
Cos the first IDE full already, can the DVDROM put on the second IDE, set as slave? Or have to make DVDROM primary, then the HDD slave?

no, make the hard drive primary and the dvd rom slave.
btw, why do you have a cd-rom, there aren't any benefits of having it. you could read cds from your burner or dvd rom drive, hell, you could even get all 3 in one drive.

He already got CDROM n CDRW b4 buying DVDROM. With CDROM n CDRW can make quick copy. Cos now he want to watch DVD n play DVD game, therefore he add another DVDROM n he also dont want to waste the CDROM.
Anyway, thanks for your reply !:D

ok, fair enuf.

you're smart on waiting, i'm waiting it out also. just for reference, the dvds that we use now adays are going to be replaced by blue-lazer. so you might want to wait on that also.

blue laser? Never heard b4? New burning tech?
The latest DVDRW is 12X ( 16,620KB/s ).
LG GSA-4120B is the most compatible.
LiteOn SOHW-1213S is the cheapest.
Plextor PX-712A is the first n fastest.

yea, its coming out late this year or early next year. it can hold alot more data that regular dvds and it can be alot faster. its also backwards compatible with red-lazer dvds.(regular)

xotix said:
ok, fair enuf.

you're smart on waiting, i'm waiting it out also. just for reference, the dvds that we use now adays are going to be replaced by blue-lazer. so you might want to wait on that also.

I know what it is. Designed by TDK, showed on the Information Storage Week 2004. Transfer rate is 160Mbps. Faster than the currently available 12X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom