IBM 300gl help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
A friend ask me to get his ibm 300 running. After replacing the ide cable and attempting start up, everything went wrong. Finally I formatted and reloaded win 98. I spent hours online downloading the drivers for the video, sound , and modem. It has a dvd and a cdrw drive but the os sees them as cd only drives. Any ideas to fix this.

Did you get find wndows 98 drivers for the dvd and cdrw? I had a similar problem after an XP upgrade. XP saw my CD-RW as a CD only and there were no XP drivers. I changed a BIOS setting but still could only use third part software (Roxio) to write to the drive.

The ide cables are correct. The one I replaced was on the hd set for ide 1 master. The cdrw and dvd are on ide 2 as master ,slave. I tried cable select ,didnt work.Ill try to update drivers now.

He bought this as a fixer upper. 98 drivers are too old I think. The cdrw and dvd have been added recently.I went to ibm to update bios but their site wont let me have the update.Is their a site for scanning your rig for driver updates ----microsoft said no updates for drivers.

Back again. I loaded win me just to see if the drivers were on the me disc . The os still sees the cdrw and dvd as cd only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom