I notice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall7486

In Runtime
That some video cards have a pin where you can plug your power supply to and other video cards doesnt contain a pin. What is the extra pin on the video card for?

The newer cards need lots of power and they cannot get that power on the pci bus. Pluggin the molex connector in from the power supply gets them lots of raw power yeaaaaaaa ARRgggg!!!

And now with PCI-E some low end cards don't need molex connectors, like the plain 6600 I believe doesn't use a molex connector and runs only on thejoice coming from the PCI-E bus:)

yeah I have the FX 5700 256mb card and it doesn't require a connector, although it says so in the manual :confused: but I think it's a generic manual for the 5700 series period, because my friend has the 128mb 5700 Ultra and the Ultra of that series DOES need that molex connector. or POWER DONGLE as my manual refers it :p

"The newer cards need lots of power and they cannot get that power on the pci bus. Pluggin the molex connector in from the power supply gets them lots of raw power yeaaaaaaa ARRgggg!!!"

Yaaaaa!! Buff macho cards!!! HOOAH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom