I need a miracle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickAlreadyUsed

Solid State Member
I finally got my new system assembled today, but it wouldn't send a signal to my montitor, or do a lot of other stuff, such as the beeps etc I'm used to. After trying everything, I went with my last resort; took EVERYTHING out again.

To my horror, when I removed the heatsink/fan, that wasn't all I got. My CPU came with it!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It must not have latched in like I thought it did. So, now I have a CPU virtually GLUED to a heatsink with Arctic Silver Ceramique! I think I'm going to have to order the AS5, if I ever get the CPU off again. So, finally to the question here, how do I get it off??!?!?!? I've heard windex removes thermal paste, but how would I get it there? Would it just be better to blast a hair dryer on the heatsink until the paste starts to melt again? I'm in a real panic here; it's been a bad week overall. I'd like to be able to put it all behind me...

(Oh, if I do get it off, how do you recommend applying the paste again? Last time I just used my index finger, but there's gotta be a MUCH better way.. :eek:)

But, how will I get it at the compound? I can get to the edges, but no q-tip could reach the stuff in the middle, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom