I Need Help With Replacing My RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarPastGone

Beta member
So, I was hoping someone could tell me where I could find out what exact memory stick I have in my computer. I figured it said on the front but all it says is 512 DDR, and I looked through alot of things in the control panel to find it but was unsuccessful. I know I need the pc number though. Im on an emachines with an AMD 2400, so nothing special but if that can help you tell me where its at right on.

512 DDR is really all you need to know. I imagine it prolly only uses PC2100 or 2700, but if you get a higher speed it will just clock it down to that speed. The only thing you will be screwed out of in that case is some of the extra dough you spent on the PC3200 (or whatever you get).

EDIT: I believe you can use CPU-Z to tell you. go to http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php and download CPU-Z. I believe it will tell you under the memory tab.

CPU-Z will tell ya, but all you need to do is find some cheap 512 meg stick of PC3200 DDR ram.

PC2100 and 2700 are the same price as PC3200, and PC3200 will clock down to run at the speed of your motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom