I need help Quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcoreyx

Baseband Member
At my work(bestbuy) we have pny pc3200 512mb ddr memory for dirt cheap.the mobo and cpu im buying support dual channel.i was wondering if i buy 2 stricks if i can run it in dual channel?i was told by one person that the sticks have to be dc capable. but told by another that the memory doesn't matter....just the mobo and cpu.

oh and by the way...the mobo im getting is asus a8v deluxe and cpu is amd 3500+.

please let me know asap so i can get it
thanks

-Corey

This is funny. BestBuy employee running to a tech forum. Excuse me while I: heeheehee :)

Dual-Channel can only be used with identical chips, running at identical speeds and latencies, and the manfacturer should specify if they've been setup for dual-channel or not.

Considering that your "one person" is probably another BestBuy employee (heeheehee) you can tell him/her that he/she is up a tree.

And I didn't know that BestBuy sold ANYTHING dirt cheap...except maybe the hassels...

lol...actually i was told by a guy in another forum i post in but ya. so if i buy two sticks of the same exact memory then it will work...correct?

oh i just said i worked there....never that i liked it.but employee discounts are the shit. i got my 6800gt for 300$ =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom