I need help badly.......not a topic for ppl with no time to spare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

Solid State Member
Okay here it goes,when it comes to comps I am a nub but I am trying to build one or get one that is already mostly built then I stumbled upon tiger direct and would like to know what u guys think of thesse system specs well here is the first runner up 1. AOpen VKM266PM Barebone Kit / AMD Athlon XP 3000+ / 512MB DDR / CPU Fan / ATX Mid-Tower Case / 400 Watt PS/ Keyboard / Mouse its says barbone now I am new and need to find out whats the diff between that and a reg pc also it calls its self a kit why?? and do barbones use diff componets than a reg. comp. also how good is the cpu on this baby. now moving on 2. Wintergreen AMD Sempron 2400+ / 256MB DDR / 80GB HDD / DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo / 10/100Mbps LAN / Linspire Five-O / Desktop PC now on this one I needed to know again how good are the specs and how good is the cpu and also I need to know how do u know? if a a mother board u have can run a certain gpu. also can this puppy here run with any of either of the comps I have listed above PowerColor Radeon X800 / 256MB DDR3 / PCI Express / Dual DVI / VIVO / HDTV / Video Card also I am fin to put this one up last cuz I forgot about it but with its specs can it run the graphics card listed above Cybertron KT4A-V Socket A Gamer Barebones Kit / AMD Sempron 2600+ / CPU Fan / Green Tower Case / 400 Watt Power Supply
thank u to anyone can help me and if u read all of this I do have more questions but I think this is enuf for now thanks a million to anyone who helps me I really need it before I buy!!!:)

bare bones just has the main parts 4 the computer usualy the case,cpu,motherboard,ram,and psu. U still have to get a graphics card hard drives cd/dvd drives a other things.

I would stay away from Tigar Direct unless they have a rebate. They are pretty expensive and shipping is not the greatest. But if you have a MIR and it makes them cheaper go for it.

-Aaron

thanks for ur help u guys, and I am curious if tigerdirect is not all that great do know another site that has prices like that. Also I still need to know how good and reliable is the graphics card I mentiond above.

newegg.com

It sounds like you need alot of help, pairing up an x800 with those systems would be a waste, and if your buying an x800 right now it isnt a wise cho ice to buy

dumdum8684 said:
I would stay away from Tigar Direct unless they have a rebate. They are pretty expensive and shipping is not the greatest. But if you have a MIR and it makes them cheaper go for it.

-Aaron

Lol. Thats the opposite of what I would reccomend. Stay away from Tiger Direct rebates. Although I do not know if they are the same with rebates now, I know that I got jipped last year with a rebate, and many others have too in the past. However, I emphasize that I don't know what its like now, just what it was like last year.

I have only gotten about 1 in 5 mail in rebates from tiger, and this were all "onrebate.com" rebates

why would it be a waste to buy an x800 now?? and I really most likely cant afford any card in the 400 or 300 thats why I was trying to get that one because it was only 284.00 which is almost over my price range but still afforadable also could u guys tell me how good the proccesors on the comps above are and is a amd athlon xp 3000+ any better.Thanks to all and any that helps n to the replies above.

Punctuation. Man's best friend.

And I would be leaning more towards newegg than tigerdirect.

I extremely urge you not to get a skt A cpu/motherboard. Even if you on a budget you should still find a way to fit at least a skt 754 board in it. Skt 754 utilize hyperthreading and built in memory controlers those 2 facts alone will get you better performance then a skt A option.

The reason people said the x800 is a waste is because it will be bottlenecked by the cpu's you chose. If you going to get a x800 then I would try to get at least a athlon 64 2800+ to complement it. A athlon 64 2800+ will cost you about $120 and about $65 for a decent skt 754 motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom