i need help with 5.1 surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
i just bought a new 5.1 surround sound system for my pc and a new sound card that was recommended to go with so i would only imagine that it is compliant with it well the S card is a 6 channel and i have it all hooked up but my only problem is that i can only get the sub and the 2 front speakers to work. my back left and right and middle one will not work what do i need to do?

I mean the sound option from your soundcard and those from the mediaplayer you are using. What are u playing? and MP3?

my sound card doesnt have its own program windows just installed by itself. im using the windows multi media player the newest version 9.0 i think.

the sound card should have come with its own software. uninstall the card, reboot, when windows goes to try installing the newly detected hardware (soundcard) cancel out the process. goto the cdrom that comes with the sound card and run their setup program. once thats done you should have a new control panel for that soundcard. there you will hopefully find the options to set it up for 5.1.

btw, what brand sound card is it?

make sure your source is encoded in surround sound. try playing a DVD movie encoded in dolby digital. if your playing mp3 enable the stereo surround sound option to output stereo to all surround channels

i got it man, it finnaly worked i rolled back the driver to nothing then i restarted it already knew it so i swtiched pci slots and it was going to reinstall it so i canceld it and used the software
i got a whole new media control panel
thanks guys for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom