i need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorti_blaze

Beta member
OK... im sure this is going to sound really dumb... i admit it.. im a total n00b, but i need help. OK... i know this is prolly like.. a sin for all you tech people, but i was trying to mod a mouse... and so i needed a different color led. SO... i found a bunch of packages that my boyfriend had setting out on the desk. SO.. being how dumb i am... i took them all out of their little bag things, and tried to figure out what color they were... (only the red ones worked ><) and then... i finally realized.. i had NO CLUE how to organize them back into their separate container. he said some of them are UV?.. so he was mad.. something about theyre expencive? so yea.... needless to say he is pretty angry with me... and i just wanted to know if there was anyway to test what color they were w/o sodering them all into the w/e he said.. he told me that was the only way to tell... so... i dotn know... i need help.. is there a way for a n00b like myself to test the color? i need to sort them out or im gonna feel like a moron for ever.. and i feel really bad about it.. please.. help me out....

Ah no not with LED's, they'll get hot and go black! You need to put a resistor in the circuit to regulate the power consumption.

Also remember because they're diodes they only work one way round, so try both ways if they don't appear to work.

ok.. how would i go about doing that?....i only need to find the uv ones.. so.. i dont know if that helps you answer me any...:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom