I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOA

Solid State Member
I have a dell computer with a no apg slot mother board. I have a built in video and sound card. I have SD ram. I have a Pentium 4 CPU. 2.00GHz. I dont know much about mother boards and that is why I am here. I am wanting to get this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-139-134&depa=0 I know my SD ram will not support that mother bord but I can away get DDR ram. I was wondering if I need a new video card and sound card if the ones I have are built in. I just need to know If I bout this I will have no problems installing it. So if you guys can plz tell me if this is a right product for my computer, And if I need to get new video cards and other new stuff. So plz answer back thank you.

that motherboard probably wont work for you. Im assuming dell is using mircro atx motherboards which are 12x9" compared to 12x12". Your going to have to find that and tell us. Also your going to need atleast 256mb of ddr ram. I would reccomend something like this which is 512mb
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-141-424&DEPA=1

Also were you looking into getting a new video card? In that case you need a new powersupply. THe size of the mobo will tell us which one you need also. I would reccomend something like the ati 9600 pro to you. For around 150 bucks. Depending on the motherboard you get you might need a soundcard. If you just need an entire new motherboard tell us the size of your old one. That one your looking at does not have onboard video either.

Well thank you for telling me that info. But I need to find a new board that haves a built in video and sound card but will let me change the video card when ever I want. I need a new board that will let me upgrad becuse the one i have haves no APG slots only PCI and I dont need them. So can someone help me find a motherboard that haves a build in video and sound card but will let me get better cards when I can? plz I cant find any.

You are going to have to buy everything... Exept for the CPU (if u still want to use it). You last GPU was onboard, therefore there is nothing u can do about this. If u throw away the mobo, u have to throw away the GPU. Any GPU built into the motherboard is nothing special anyway... So it is no loss.

Your new mobo should have a built in sound card (minimum 4 ch), so you have nothing to worry about.

If you are going to be gaming, you will need a decent card. Anything equivalent to a Radeon 9600XT or better will do u good.

Goodluck

I dont think that you would want a motherboard with a built-in video card, because in the past I havent had very good experience with upgrading to something on AGP, mostly because the system was a pre-built piece of crap, but still you should probably get something that you have to put in manually.

I believe that agex000 recommended a 9600XT or better, you should probably do that.

Ya I am going to get this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-139-134&depa=0 the first one I was looking at. It will cost extra to get the DDR ram and the new video card but it is well well well worth it. I did most of the math and it will be around 100 bucks with the shiping and handleing. I can get a slighty used Radeon 9600XT for VERY cheap on ebay

good idea... i didnt know you wanted to buy a seperate video card but the 9600 will be good too.

Ya My computer is kinda geting behind when it comes to gameing. But my board would not let me upgrad. So this will be the bast possable way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom