I need the BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seam0nster

Beta member
hello everbody!,
I just moved to a nice little cottage next to a river,which is great except i'm on the wrong side of said river for broadband!(imagen going to the moon but forgetting to take food.) I am going to cut to the chase now, i have a made friend on the other side of the river with a wireless router, but it seems it's too far away for my laptops wireless card.

So my question is what is THE BEST anything i can buy in the way of receiving wifi signals? I want what ever has the best distance on the market. I havent reached the point in my new found friendship to offer to buy him a new router nor do i want to unless it comes to it. I will happily erect a huge ariel on my roof if necessary! But i was thinking maybe an uber usb dongle or a new wireless card ?

Thank You for reading.
Thank You Very much for those that help in advance.

try
a) have him set up the router near window facing your cottage with no objects blocking in between

b) increasing antenna signal on the wifi router (if you know how...)

c) get new antenna that produces stronger signal
Homebrew antenna shootout

d) face it and admit the fact you are SOL :p

Sorry but since this is not gonna be left open. Contact Trotter if you wish. But since it is not your internet conenction, be it a friend or not, we can not offer advice on how to connect to it.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f44/connecting-unsecure-wifi-signal-178980/

Seeing as how he is the person who pays for it and there is no way to say how long the relationship will last we cant offer advice on how to do what you want as it is not technically your person internet you are trying to connect with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom