I have REALLY big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
ok i ran mbm and it shower my cpu was 86 C.....so i rebooted and checked in the BIOS and it was 75 C, which is really too high. so then i go to the motherboard manufacturer site and download the latest bios BUT when i run it, it says the chipset is not supported. maybe its cause im doing it wrong because i just extracted the file and opened the autoexec. is this the correct way to update the bios? i really need help

Edit: BTW my bios is Awrd Modular Bios v 6.00PG

this is not the correct way to extract BIOS, younhave to use FLASH utility in DOS Mode.

it starts with something lke AWFLASH (or similar) if u r updating Award BIOS.

have you built the system urself?

and have u used the thermal compound in between CPU and Heatsink

it would have been OK as if u were on Intel, as intel at least doesnt die of heat, but AMD (before 64BIT vesion) they all, 3 seconds of extra heat, and buy ur processor a Coffin. (i hope spells ok, never used this word before :))

yea i have thermal compound and if it isnt any trouble do u know the step by step process to updating bios or anywhere that i can find them?

hmm, Gigabyte as well comes with 2 methods

1: easy method by software enclosed (must be with Drivers CD, as far as I remember I bought Gigabyte board innpast and it had a software)

preference is to use that method, check ur drivers CD, and it'll upgrade BIOS right away without hassle

else then i'll write u the tricky method, it should as well be in ut Mobo Manual (at the very end)

ok im gonna try the cd right but i found something odd. on my mobo is the model number GA-7N400 but on packing list, it tells every component thats in the system, it said GA-7N400-L. which one is correct? also i bought this system

mobo's model is correct, have u found it written on Mobo itself?

as if yes, then the mobo's vesion is correect, and u'll have the @BIOS software utility (thats GiGa-Byte's ) software

and also remember to download the correct version of Mobo's BIOS, means the Model of mobo should match cent per cent. else u'll find urself in hell (even with L difference)

tell me first hand, what does ur BIOS tells?

means when u start uop, what model number it shows??

Also, if u have the book (manual) of mobo, go through pages 67 - 72

tells both methods

ok so i put in the cd and installed @BIOS. then i ran it, downloaded the bios and updated it. then i restarted and everything seemed fine. the model number GA-7N400 is written. during startup, it displays Award Modular Bios v 6.00PG. well i hope everything will been ok now. thanks a lot for ur help Blind_Arrow

Edit: Sorry but i was wondering, where are the jumpers for the motherboards?

is ur temp OK now?

if not still, have u applied thermal material urself? as often using thermal compound more than desired makes heatiing problem as well, as this thermal interface is primarily used to fill the micro space on the surface of CPU DIE and Heatsink's base. applying more will cause the heat to block on the CPU DIE, as it does not then transfer heat efficently.

my temp has always been in the 70's :( i applied some thermal paste about a weak ago and i guess i went down a few degrees. im hoping to get a new heatsink/fan in the next week or so. hope thats gonna fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom