I have no clue which computer to get!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrach622

Beta member
hey,
I am having a major crisis in my eyes. I am a 15 year old teen and i love computers. I like to play games (hint: the sims), music, and serf the web on them. My computer that i currently have now is a peice of crap and is from 1995!!! Its already crashed on me plenty of times and now the only thing i can do is play solitare. Im lucky to get logged onto the internet. Anyway, I want to save up for and buy a computer that will be worth my time and money but is not too expensive for my teenage budget and one that i might possibly be able to play the sims 2 on. Can someone please help me with what computer type will fit me best, where i can find it, and how much???

Well 2 questions, how much are you looking at spending, sims 2 isnt very demanding and we can do something very cheap under 1K for sure.

You can either build your own computer, or we can help you get a custom built computer. The computers that you find at best buy are garbage, and wont even be able to handle sims II really.

well i was looking at my maximum at around $1,200. but is it better/ or cheaper to get my computer built or to go out and buy one of the shelves?

depends, shelve comps usually suck because you cant customize them to your likings, example-emachines, they come with hardware you may or may not want, usually they dont have what you want
the joy of building your own is that you get exactly what you want
in more simple terms-building own >>> premade

ive already gone into the building your own computer screens and i didnt know what to put. Most of the stuff i didnt even know what it was. I dont know anything about the computer parts and how much of this and that i want, lol.

dude powerslave you're dumb

who the hell in the right mind would go to alienware with $1200?

do you even know how much they overcharge and how they price?

i guess not

by the way bbyrach, if you're not comfortable with building your own computer, then go to www.monarchcomputer.com and you can just tell them the parts and they'll assemble it for you

you should be looking at an amd64 venice 3000+//1 gig of ram//dfi lanparty ultra-d//a SATA hard drive (any capacity you want)//OCZ modstream or powerstream power supply, and a case and a 6600GT ot maybe 6800GT depending on your budget

overcharge, how?

and it was just off the top of my head, btw monarch overcharges too

but i guess they are better then alienware

Yeah, screw the alienware BS and check out ABSPC.com or Ibuypower.com for pre-built custom computers. You can specify every peice of hardware you want so budgeting is easy. Click my sig.

bbyrach622 said:
hey,
I am having a major crisis in my eyes. I am a 15 year old teen and i love computers. I like to play games (hint: the sims), music, and serf the web on them. My computer that i currently have now is a peice of crap and is from 1995!!! Its already crashed on me plenty of times and now the only thing i can do is play solitare. Im lucky to get logged onto the internet. Anyway, I want to save up for and buy a computer that will be worth my time and money but is not too expensive for my teenage budget and one that i might possibly be able to play the sims 2 on. Can someone please help me with what computer type will fit me best, where i can find it, and how much???

http://www.alienware.com/Configurat...px?SysCode=PC-AURORA-3500&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom