I have an LG Flatron W2053TQ - Should I get a new monitor?

amirgelman

Baseband Member
hey all,

my current monitor: LG Flatron W2053TQ

this monitor was bought about 7-8 years ago, and I do some graphics design and gaming on this PC...

I started noticing that maybe, just maybe, the screen isn't sharp enough or maybe a bit faded. I should say this monitor was well kept and it's definatly not a technical problem - this is how the monitor was. But this monitor stands right in front of me and started feeling that my eyes are trying a bit more then usual.

For example, I have a Macbook Pro 13" from 2015 and I must say - that screen is sharp as hell. everything is crystal clear and I can sit in front of it for hours and hours and never feel anything like that.

Should I get a new monitor?
And if so, which one is not too expensive and yet good for graphics designers \ gamers?

Thanks!

7-8 years ago wasn't all that far back, but it's ages in terms of technology, especially if you're doing graphic design. I would suggest a new monitor, and probably a larger one. Are you doing much with HD images or high quality? Check out this link. I think it will help: How to Choose the Right Monitor for Graphic Design | PCMag.com

As for a gaming monitor, you will want a really good refresh rate in addition to what the first article mentions. Here's an article around that one for you to read: How to Choose the Right Monitor for Gaming | PCMag.com

7-8 years ago wasn't all that far back, but it's ages in terms of technology, especially if you're doing graphic design. I would suggest a new monitor, and probably a larger one. Are you doing much with HD images or high quality? Check out this link. I think it will help: How to Choose the Right Monitor for Graphic Design | PCMag.com

As for a gaming monitor, you will want a really good refresh rate in addition to what the first article mentions. Here's an article around that one for you to read: How to Choose the Right Monitor for Gaming | PCMag.com

Much thanks for your info. Helped a lot!!

Back
Top Bottom