I have a int hdd with no buffer - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: I have a int hdd with no buffer

I've written to the seller at eBay last week and he asked me for the invoice number. I sent him a copy of the invoice that he sent me but I haven't heard back from him yet. I've been busy with other things so I haven't gotten around to emailing him again, but I will. The invoice expressly states that there's a 5 yr warranty. It doesn't specify if Seagate or the seller offered the 5 yr warranty though. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: I have a int hdd with no buffer

I RMA'd the drive and got it back a few days ago. It still has no buffer. The store returned the same drive I sent them. . . it has the same serial number and my personal sticker is still on it.

Also, prior to RMAing the drive, after my pc had been on for a while, I would hear the Windows tone for a drive turning off. I could never find the drive because I could still access all of them. While the drive was out for RMA, I never heard the tone. I installed the "repaired" drive, moved the files back onto it but I'm again getting the Windows tone for a drive turning off, so I believe the tone is for this drive but I can access the drive. I didn't didn't mention the tone in my first post because I didn't think to mention it until I reinstalled the drive and then I put 2 and 2 together.

So I'm not sure if the drive was fixed because it still has no buffer and I'm again getting the tone that a drive has turned off (even tho I can still access the files). I specifically mentioned that the drive has no buffer when I contacted them and they sent me an RMA number because of it, and then they sent me the same drive back with no buffer again.

I think it's still broken. I'd appreciate any thoughts from others about this.