I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esse said:
Go SanToast go!

Seeing these threads only make me happy in the way that even if people are semi-argueing you still do learn stuff. I guess...keep it the good work.

Thank you!

This is the first time I have been complimented for starting an arguement! :D

It is true, most people see these threads as a waste of time and close them, but a lot of knowledge can be absorbed from these arguements.

like how x850 platinum owns all video cards as of press time:D
but then... what does nvidia have under its sleeve this year:eek:

SushiBoi92 said:
like how x850 platinum owns all video cards as of press time:D
but then... what does nvidia have under its sleeve this year:eek:

for the price i think it's a waste...the "ownage" you get isn't worth the extra money you pay for it. You can get a 6800U and get near the same experience for alot less. That and SLi 6800U's will do alot better i believe...

ah... crap yeah youre right but sli is just insane and price wasnt really a concern since im not gonna get either of these monsters anyway...
(i wish)

IMO, SLI is a waste.

It's for the ridiculously rich or slightly insane

The dual GPU card is a better step in the right direction, BUT, I hope this 'dual' anything is just a temporary phase. Instead of making a card absurdly hot, and power consuming, and on top of that making a system that'll hold two, in which you gotta get a 600w+ power supply which those are ridiculously priced, they need to start investing tons of money into alternative solutions besides simply 'doubling it up'

Less power consumption, less heat, and more processing is the goal they need to obtain.

Everything is getting too hot, and like has been said in another thread, soon water cooling will have to become the norm and at their current rate, hell Vapochill will be needed and by 2020 a vapochill will only keep the CPU at like 20C :p

yeah yeah a bit of a stretch I know.

Main point is instead of doubling up things that are already pricey, hot, and power eaters, they need to focus on bringing that power consumption down, the heat WAY down, and processing up...Hell if they could create a 6800Ultra that used half the power and only got up to 40C on full load I'd be massively impressed.

Nubius said:
Main point is instead of doubling up things that are already pricey, hot, and power eaters, they need to focus on bringing that power consumption down, the heat WAY down, and processing up...Hell if they could create a 6800Ultra that used half the power and only got up to 40C on full load I'd be massively impressed.

i think that's where technology cuts us off...our only option right now is to "double up" cuz they can't figure out a way to make things less power hungry and still be affordable. but yah...life's a biznatch:) If they maade a 6800U the way you described, you could easily bet it would also be ridiculously priced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom