i have a gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadmangler

Baseband Member
k8nsc motherboard with the nforce3 chip and i am wondering how i would find out if the driver is installed, what this driver does and should i download it if it is not installed

i have a amd 64 3200+
768 mb ram
2 x 40 gig hardrives

thanx

chris

if there is a driver for your motherboard that has not yet been installed, it may show up in....

/start/settings/control pannel/system/hardware/device manager (any device listed there with a BIG "?" (question mark) is a component that doesnt yet have its drivers installed.

if you need motherboard drivers you can just go to the manufacutrues web site and download the paropriate ones for your model.

Note - if there isnt any "?"(question marks) in device manager that doesnt nessesarily mean that all your mobo driver are installed... windows could have installed default drivers that arnt as good as the drivers provided by the manufacturer.

Well the driver is installed if you put it their...

And the driver makes stuff work right

i never put a driver into it yet, the only driver i have downloaded is for my viedocard and there is a question mark beside the "muiltimedia audio controller" and it says a driver is not installed, should i go to the baord website or to nvidia.com and download the nforce 3 driver

try downloading the unknowndevice identifier this is a free ware and once you run it it would display all the models of the hardware that you are using..... try to go to driverguide.com and use username"drivers" password "all" to look and to download your device drivers... one more thing should your pc come with its bundled drivers?

another one to check if your unit has uninstalled drivers right click my computer select properties go to hardware and then device manager....
the devices with question mark icons on its side means that the driver for this device is not yet installed

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom